So, as you can see, I have not posted in over a month. This getting ready for a baby thing is so time consuming! We had four different showers (Couples shower, Shower in Cleburne, JLMS Mega Shower, and the Band Shower) that blessed us with most of the items that we need to welcom Miss Maddison into the world. Now the difficult part lies ahead of us, where to put everything. I don't know which is worse, living with things all over the house now or knowing it will be this way for the next two decades :)
In the midst of all of this "showering", Nina has been painting in the nursery and getting the walls all decked out for Maddison. It is fun to go in every few days and see how things are transforming. Thank God for talented friends!
On the health front, as of Friday, April 27th, Dr. Benson estimated Maddi to weigh about 4 pounds and we were still measuring about a month ahead by the size of my stomach. I, however, had only gained a pound during the month between our visits. Currently, I am experiencing a lot of swelling that has both Jason and I very concerned. My hands and feet have started hurting later in the day as the swelling gets worse. I called the doctor's office today and they recommended that I get in a pool everyday for at least 20 minutes. They said the water thearapy will take the weight off of my body and help tremendously with the swelling. Jason and I are thinking about purchasing a pool from Sam's that can easily be put in the backyard. They also encouraged me to get professionally fitted for a belly support. They said that taking some of the weight off of my pelvis will help with circulation. The other thing that I need to be doing is putting my feet up while at school. I don't know how easy this last one will be to do, but I had to promise to make an effort. We go on Wednesday to Dr. Blasingame for a second opinion on the C-Section. To have Maddison at St. Joe's and to elect to have a C-Section, they require a second opinion. While we completely trust Dr. Benson when he says that it will be safer for Maddison and I, we are okay with going to Dr. Blasingame because she is going to do a 3D sonogram. We will get to see what baby girl looks like! I will do my best to post on Wednesday what she says and maybe some new pictures!
Pheris - Carico Halloween Pumpkin Carving
7 years ago
I too had to get a 2nd opinion from the same doctor; however, I didn't get a 3-D sonogram. How fun is that? You will like her. I don't remember much about that day...it is somewhat of a blur, but I do remember being happy and comfortable! I will certainly pray for you and Madison. Please let me know if there is anything you need. You are more than welcome to call me at anytime. Take care! Stacie
ReplyDelete