Tuesday, August 14, 2007

OUCH

Maddison had her first round of shots today. We did well during the measuring and weighing. However, the shots were another story. Maddison is now 21 1/2 inches long and weighs in at 11 pounds 2 ounces. Dr. Robinson is happy with her growth and says that she is looking really good. Maddison got 1 shot in one of her thighs and 2 shots in the other. She screamed louder than I have ever heard her before and it took about 10 minutes for me to sooth her enough to leave the room so we could go. Now, an hour and a half later, she is sleeping quite hard. I stopped and got some Tylenol, so if she gets too uncomfortable Dr. Robinson said we could give her a dose. I am hoping that she does okay this afternoon/evening. She will go back in the middle of October . . . he said that series would be much harder for her and that we needed to do a flu shot at that time also :( I will post pictures of her "cool" band aids once she wakes up.

Tonight, we have Lobo Family dinner. I am hoping that she is not too fussy and we are able to visit with all of the old friends and new babies!

2 comments:

  1. Nona says,"POOR BABY". I hate that your shots hurt you, but I want you to know that I love you little one and can't wait to hold you. It feels like it's been forever!! Noni will sing your song to you and hold you and rock you and tell you wonderful secrets and stories. Tell Mommy and Daddy to be sweet and gentle with you. Love, Nona/Noni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a problem with my pc, can't get your update as of 8/14. Will ask Monty to check it out next weekend. I miss the updates!! noni

    ReplyDelete