Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why does everything seem like work?

Maybe I am the only person that has ever felt this way, but lately, everything seems like work. The kids at school are really pushing things. I feel like I am having to constantly be creating a new way for them to follow instructions and expectations. Tomorrow, I am trying yet another new thing, pre-minder cards for how they are to act during announcements, when they enter the room, during dismissal . . . should it really be this hard? On top of those frustrations, Maddi has been sick. I got called yesterday to pick her up. She was projectile vomiting! We got home and had a day filled with all kinds of bodily fluids. When she was napping, I took the opportunity to catch up on all of the laundry. I think I must have done between 5 and 8 loads when the day was said and done. I never knew an infant could create so much laundry, especially when she is sick. Luckily, Jason took today off to stay with her. I appreciate him stepping in so that I could be back in my classroom today. Yet, finding the balance has been very difficult on us. I don't know that a day has gone by when we have not snapped at one another. Most of you know that we have a lot on our plates right now. While we feel that these decisions are the best things for our family, they are just adding to the stress. I feel like I will never be caught up, let alone ahead of the game. I know that God is in control of all in my life (the good, the bad, and the ugly) . . .

2 comments:

  1. I understand...more than you know. You just have to keep your faith and believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you are definately not alone with those feelings. Hudson and Josh were sick throwing up all of Thanksgiving break. I didn't get to go to any activities. It sucked. They only wanted mom and it felt like no one else could help. During those time, I pray a lot for patience. Then I remembered once after praying...a lot...that they are only little once and in 10 years when they are sick, they won't want me to touch them. So I will enjoy the sick cuddles while I can. :)

    ReplyDelete