Have you ever met someone that seems to have it ALL together, and by ALL, I mean a whole lot?
The weight of what is ahead of our family is settling in around my shoulders. There are some major changes in the making, one of them being me starting my Masters Degree.
So, instead of internalizing this worry about how to do it ALL, I have been talking with Taylor. Taylor is the ultimate SUPERMOM! She manages to be a wonderful mom, a great wife, an instructional leader with an endless supply of suggestions and ideas, a student that any professor would want, and a friend that I am lucky to have. She has been a great resource in trying to wrap my head around all that is going on in my world.
I realize how lucky I am to have the moms that I work with around me and their kids around Maddi. I was thinking this morning back to last year when we were all pregnant. Taylor was about a month ahead of me. I remember her telling me about her back hurting during one of our meetings and I suggested that she take something for it. She responded that she couldn't (smiling while she said it). In an instant, I knew she was pregnant. I remember having lunches with Drager and Wilson, and all of us having such huge appetites! The day that I heard Keli had gone into labor and had Max, I was insanely jealous! Who would have guessed that after visiting her the next day, that I would also go into labor and deliver Maddi a month early or that Taylor (who was due before both of us) would have her bundle of joy a month late :) Pregnancy and infants are both bonding events!
Here's to all of the SUPERMOMS in my world!
Pheris - Carico Halloween Pumpkin Carving
7 years ago
Here's to you for starting your Master's - me too :)
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about those "beginning" months last year just the other day as well. I know I enjoyed this pregnancy so much more because I was able to be around all of you as we "went through it" together. There was an unwritten and unexplained bond. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd now...Know how much I admire you! Each night as I pray I ask that I might have the courage to follow my dreams while still doing what I know is best for my family. You already do what I pray for the courage to do...and I am in such awe. You dream big and love even bigger...I have never known anyone to love any bigger than you!
...that is what makes YOU the "mostest" (as G would say) Supermom of all.
With MY admiration,
Taylor