Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Summer band officially started today! For the next three months, I am a single mother :) Just kidding, Jason is working really hard at balancing school and family.

While he was off meeting his leadership team, I went to work in my room. If I haven't talked to you lately, you might not be aware that my new room is bright gold and dark blue. While these are fabulous for the school colors, they are not so great for a classroom. Fortunately, my principal allows her staff to paint their rooms. So, I have purchased the paint and am ready to renovate. Before I could do anything, I had to clean out the room. I spent the better part of the day sorting through JUNK. Jason and Clint helped me dump three large trash cans full of recycling.

I guess I will start the painting on Monday when Maddi has started daycare. Keep me in your thoughts . . . with my allergy to latex, painting can be tricky (most paints are latex based). My hope is to create a classroom that is inviting to my new students.

On a totally different note, I just got my grade back from my last class . . . 95%!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! 95%!!!!!! Keep it up!! :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment on my blog about the giveaway. Didn't you used to work at Jane Long? When you said the school colors were gold and blue I figured you didn't anymore. I think you either took over my room or my sister-in-law's, Amy's room, when we left almost 2 years ago. Glad you commented on a chance to win! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Mel!! I know that class was torturous, and I'm impressed that you did so well!! GREAT JOB!!! I had lunch today with SM and KP. They asked how you were doing. SM was esp. interested in how your classes were going, so I'll be sure to update her on your success. (((hugs)))
    Good luck painting. Want to help me finish my foyer??? ROFL!!!
    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete