Today was Maddison's 18 month check up. She is 26 pounds and is 32 1/2 inches tall. She is currently in the 75 percentile of girls her age. Dr. Wallace was very impressed with how we are handling the temper tantrums and gave us some interesting suggestions about dinner time squabbles. Her advice for when Maddi insists on having what is on our plates (even though it is the same food on her plate) is to switch plates with her completely and start dining on her dinner! Jason and I both were flabbergasted that we had not thought of this technique. We are both looking forward to her reaction at our next meal.
We went ahead with the flu shot. Between her teething and the flu shot, Maddi is not feeling her best. Jason and I are taking turns cuddling with her and getting the house ready for Christmas. As I type, Maddi and I are in the kitchen attempting to eat chicken noodle soup (she is more into the broth than the noodles) while Jason is outside doing the lawn decorating. We are very excited about this holiday season. Maddi is more aware of her surroundings this year and it looks like the family will be having Christmas dinner at our house. Mom and Dad will be coming up, Margie and Grandaddy might be able to come (depending on how Margie is feeling), Monty and his family will be driving in that afternoon, and I think we might be able to convince Misa to join us! It will be a full house.
Pheris - Carico Halloween Pumpkin Carving
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment