Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break Fun!

Spring Break '09 has taken a turn . . . we started the break with me finishing up cheer tryouts. I survived and can only imagine the number of emails and phone calls that I will be getting when I return to school about those girls that did not make the squad. Maddi slept in her bed by herself that night. We were only up a couple of times to sooth her. I made cupcakes for the family and Maddi enjoyed the sprinkles, but not the icing or the cake. Monday, we took Maddi to school so that Jason and I could go for our yearly allergy testing. No surprises, I am still off the charts allergic to grass. We will start our weekly shots next week. Monday night, Chad and Dawn joined us for dinner. A good time was had by all! Tuesday, we went to the zoo for our first visit as members. Maddi lasted a good two hours, Jason holding her that entire time, before we had to leave because of a meltdown. While there, we rode the carousel and I let a calf suck on my finger while Maddi giggled. She was especially fond of the "cats" and meowed at each of them. We plan to make many return trips. Wednesday was to be date day for Jason and I. Maddi had other plans that included coming down with a double ear infection. She is currently on medicine and seems to be doing well.

Momma and Maddi on the carousel at the zoo!

The family getting ready to go outside and play.

Maddi playing on her swing set in the backyard despite a double ear infection.

Maddi's newest game . . . dirty laundry. She has been climbing into the basket and Jason or I will swing her around.

The first of the spring break fun . . . cupcakes!

1 comment: