Wednesday, April 4, 2007

April 3rd - Pregnancy Update

We had an appointment with Dr. Benson . . . things are going well! I passed my glucose test by 1 point. Dr. Benson said this is just another indication that Maddison will be a big baby. He also measured my belly and informed me that we were doing great, we are a month ahead of schedule on my tummy size :) To date, I have only gained about 9 or 10 pounds. We are still shooting for a due date around July 11th. He told Jason and I not to bother with birthing class because we are going to do a C-Section. He thinks this will be much safer for Maddison and myself (considering all of the indications about her size). He also wants me to be walking 3 miles a day in 45 minutes (yeah right! I can't waddle that quickly) . . . I told him that is a good goal :) He says that the walking will help with keeping weight gain down during the end of the pregnancy and will speed the recovery after the C-Section. He has put me on Slow FE (iron pills) twice a day to try to get my enery levels back up. He is also having me spread out my eating some, this will help on the energy levels also.

Dr. Benson informed Jason that me feeling edgy and snapy is normal and to try not to take it too personally. I am really trying to keep all of that in check and be aware of my "cranky" moments.

It looks like all is on schedule and Mommy and Maddison are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment