Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

Could this day get any better? The only way I think it could would be if Maddison were here to celebrate with her Daddy and me. Zoe woke me up this morning by licking my face and snuggling up to me while I was in bed. When Jason heard me talking to the dog, he came back and gave me a card. It was one of the sweetest cards he has every given me (and those of you who know our story and the long distance dating, know he has hidden plenty of cards for me to find while we were apart). The reality of the day was that I really just wanted a card to acknowledge that I am about to be a mom. He then handed me two boxes from James Avery. I knew exactly what was in those boxes before I even opened them. Each milestone or event that is important to us, is marked with a charm for my bracelet. We joke about the bracelet telling our story, but that is exactly what it does. The first charm was a pair of baby girl shoes and the second was a heart with the word "Mommy" written inside. My husband, the ever romantic when he thinks about it, then told me that once Maddison was older and ready for her own "story" bracelet, that he would like to transfer the baby girl shoes to her bracelet to start her "story". While the sentiment is great, I don't know if I will be willing to give up part of my story :) The remainder of the day, we planted the front flower beds and then put up the pool in the backyard. We only got to enjoy sitting in a couple of inches of water before a freak storm blew in. We had thunder, extreme rain, and hail! The backyard is a bit mushy, but we are still filling the pool up and maybe tomorrow we will be able to go for a swim/soak!

No comments:

Post a Comment