Sunday, August 12, 2007

Unorganized Chaos . . .



So, I am realizing how easy it is and sometimes necessary to let other things in life take a back burner when you have a new baby in the house. It seems like all I do is laundry, dishes, pumping, and any chore associated with Maddison. There have been a few days when I have taken the time to go work in my classroom and those days proved to be very difficult with her in tow. Jason is back full time with band and he is helping as much as he can, but I feel like we are truly in survival mode at this time. I know everyone has been checking the blog for updates, but I have not made the time to keep up with it. I am hoping that once school starts and we develop a routine, things will be easier for Jason and I to keep up with everything.

Maddison is growing by leaps everyday. She is holding her head up for longer periods of time and with more control. She is eating about 4 ounces at every feeding and leaving nothing behind! I am having a hard time keeping up with her feeding demands, so we are mixing some formula into every bottle to help me out. At the moment, it is between 1/2 an ounce to a full ounce. Maddison has a doctor's appointment on the 14th for her first round of shots. Maddi and I will be braving this visit alone since Jason has to work. Please be praying for strength for me and for peace for Maddison as she gets these first shots. We have officially outgrown all of the 0-3 month clothes and are now into the 3-6 month sizes. She is finally getting to wear all of the gymboree outfits that we bought while I was pregnant.

Jason and I went to parent orientation for the daycare last week. We got the lowdown on labeling! I am very excited about the center and what it has to offer. Maddison will be in a room of no more than 10 infants with two full time caretakers. The center also has A&M students and Bryan High students that come in every day. Everyone that works in the center has had a background check and they also have to pass through the director. If she is uncomfortable with anyone, they are asked to leave. The director told us that having these volunteers in allows for a lot of one on one time with the infants. There are lesson plans each week that included sign language. Jason and I are thrilled to be using this center and Maddison will be with several other Jane Long babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment