It is late and I have no idea what I am still doing awake. I am listening to my husband snore and Maddi is making whistling noises while she sleeps. My poor family is sick. Jason and I have colds and Maddi's infections are not getting better. She threw up on me at least 6 times today. My heart is breaking because I can not do anything that will make her feel better. While holding her this evening and trying to sooth her, I broke down in tears because I could not fix it. I wonder now, how many more times I will cry because I can not "fix" something for her to make her life easier. Seeing what my parents have done for us by helping us take care of Maddi while we are working on band trips and hopefully a vacation . . . and how Jason's parents are helping us go back to school so that we can advance our careers, I realize that all any parent wants to do is to help, love, and protect their children in any way that they know how. So while sitting here in the dark listening to my own personal serenade, I realize what strength God gave to mothers. If needed, I know that I could stay awake all night just to make sure she was comfortable. Unconditional love replaces the need for things like sleep, showers, and clothes that don't smell like puke. As long as there is a Dr. Pepper in my fridge and a baby that needs her Momma, I can do anything!
Pheris - Carico Halloween Pumpkin Carving
7 years ago
You are so right...I have had many of those tearful nights. If I could just make it better!
ReplyDeleteAnd suddenly, we realize so much about our own parents...we admire and respect them on an entirely different level. I used to swear I would never understand why my parents did some things, and now I could not agree with them more! :0
You ARE so blessed!